We’re here to help through the obstacles Coronavirus has brought to education across America. We are open and working hard to safely provide solutions to educators and students during these unprecedented times. Click here for our Equipment Sanitizing Guide
Will the "next normal" include teachers wearing masks?
We live in unusual times. As students and teachers return to schools, wearing masks may become the next normal. Ensuring every student receives proper volume and clarity of instruction and can understand what is being taught can already be a challenge with the normal background noise of a classroom environment. With teachers needing to speak from under a mask, classroom audio solutions become an essential aid in student education.
How does wearing a mask affect classroom communication?
Based on a study a mask interferes with the teacher’s ability to communicate effectively. From a student listener’s perspective, there is a major difference in the quality of the teacher’s voice when he or she puts a mask on. Illustrated below, these charts represent the same sentence spoken by a teacher wearing a mask. The colors within each data block represent the levels measured at each 1/3 octave frequency band, with green being normal conversational level, yellow being a quieter speech level at risk of being lost in background noise, and blue being mostly lost in background noise. Using a microphone has a substantial impact on the clarity of teacher communication while wearing a mask.
- Network connectivity - Advanced network compatibility provides integrated communications with the school network and EPIC System™
- Two-way communication - Provides SIP compatibility to facilitate full-duplex communications between the classroom and main office
- Secondary power source - PoE (Power over Ethernet) is utilized to ensure that network communication remains active even during a power outage
- Page Mute - Connects easily to existing paging systems to mute all local audio during an announcement
- Plenum Rated - Install the GL-300 out of sight above the finished ceiling, in an enclosure or in a cabinet
- Connects easily - The GL-300 features RS-232 control with built-in event engine to provide control for the entire audio/visual classroom system
- Advanced solution for teacher and student voice amplification
- Eco Mode automatically reduces power when no signal is present
- Supports an Assistive Listening Device (ALD) such as a personal FM transmitter
- Flexible The amplifier can be mounted anywhere based on your need
- Crystal-clear sound Experience ideal audio for your multimedia devices
- Truly affordable Fits any budget
- All-in-one audio solution for voice amplification
- Bluetooth-enabled speaker for enhanced multimedia playback
- Designed with flexible installation on interactive displays, walls, and tabletops